These polices of Use were last updated on July 17, 2013.
FactEntry and its affiliate companies (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your (“you” or “your” refers to the person using this site) privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Privacy Directive 95/46/EC and the Data Privacy Act 1998 (Act) the data controller in the UK is FactEntry (UK) Ltd., register number 06545984, with registered offices at 51, 75 Crawford Street, London, W1H 5LP, United Kingdom.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.factentry.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you Contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Cookies and IP addresses
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password related to this site with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; transmission is at your own risk. Once you provide your information to us on the website, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- We do not sell or otherwise disclose the personal information we collect about you, unless legally required to do so including, without limitation, to cooperate with government investigations or other legal proceedings.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide to us.
You may Contact us to access the personal information you provide to us and to ask us to update, correct, or delete it from our databases. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails and /or marketing materials from FactEntry about the products and services we provide, or if any of your contact details are incorrect, please let us know by calling us at +44 203 371 1100 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org