LEI Bond Mapping
FactEntry is an independent provider of bond data and documents, incorporated since 2007, with extensive knowledge of the debt capital markets.
On 3 January 2018, EU Directive ‘MIFID II’ will came into force, introducing a new requirement for entities to acquire a Legal Entity Identifier (“LEI”) number in order to continue to invest and trade in the financial markets from that date onwards.
FactEntry clients benefit from the linking of the entities (which issue bonds) to the security identifiers to facilitate straight through processing by sourcing all data from Local Operating Units.
- * The client needs to have data license from respective vendors.
- ** ISIN/CUSIP Common Code
- *** S&P, Fitch & Moody’s
- # Bloomberg Symbology
- 200,000 bonds linked to LEIs
- New issues updated daily
- Local Operating Units’ (LOU’s) issuing LEIs
- North America (where applicable)
- Asia-Pacific (where applicable)
LEI codes are required for legal entities that fall into the following classifications. Entities which –
- Issue debt and all entities listed on an exchange
- Trade derivatives (except private individuals)
- Trade equity or debt (except for private individuals)
- Are supervised by a financial regulator and their affiliates, subsidiaries and holding companies
- Trade with an EU-licensed broker
- XML delivered to FTP/API
- FTP can be FactEntry hosted or client hosted
- Frequency is daily overnight Eastern Time
- Historic information delivered in bulk by years
- New Issues delivered daily.